Job Vacancy – Business Development Manager (BDM)
Business Development Manager (BDM)
Salary: £25k basic remuneration plus performance related bonus (PRB) for successful funding applications.
Contract: 12-month contract (reviewed after 12 months) with a six-month probationary period
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time position of Business Development Manager (BDM) at the British Muslim Heritage Centre (BMHC). We are looking for someone to lead and co-ordinate our fundraising & marketing strategy and project-manage our fundraising appeals. The successful candidate will champion our vision and goals and be responsible for using a range of direct marketing techniques to recruit and retain existing friends of the centre (FOTC) and other donors, in order to maximise income. We are looking for someone with experience who is creative and entrepreneurial as well as collaborative and excellent at managing relationships both internally and externally. The role requires someone who is a strong team player to join our senior management team.
The role and responsibilities will cut across all the different functions of BMHC. The main focus will be to develop business to financially sustain BMHC’s programmes and most importantly raise funds and market our existing and new project. This includes a wider responsibility of developing and implementing a BMHC Business Development and Marketing Strategy. The role requires liaising with senior individuals within the public, private and voluntary sectors to create a powerful and consistent narrative that underpins BMHC’s vision and goals.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Responsible for sponsorships and capital costs against any future projects of the BMHC.
• Responsible for the day-to-day fundraising and marketing of BMHC programmes, existing building and the new build funding applications.
• Develop and project-manage BMHC’s fundraising appeals/events including recruiting and retaining FOTC, businesses, organisations and agencies and other funding institutions regionally and nationally.
• Developing a 12-month fundraising and marketing strategy and plan. The plan to include public relations, marketing of events, design and deliver marketing activities that support BMHC’s vision and goals including FOTC engagement.
• Liaise with staff and other fundraising and marketing organisations and partners for possible joint applications.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with funding bodies and ensure that funding applications and high-risk issues are managed appropriately.
• Look for opportunities to promote positive news stories to support the objectives, vision, and values of the BMHC.
• Horizon-scan for funding opportunities and provide briefings to chair and CEO on future opportunities.
• Co-ordinate and market BMHC activities and promote the work of BMHC’s programmes and future vision by effectively using various media modems including heritage radio station, YouTube, website, designing flyers for programmes, social media such as twitter and Facebook etc.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the Person Specification and Job Description to the email below by:
5.00pm, Friday 31st October 2022
Interviews will take place on Thursday 10 November 2022
For further details / informal visits contact:
Khalid Hussain at: Khalid.Hussain@bmhc.org.uk
To download the job description please click on the button below: